Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Family Tree Presentations - What I've Learned (:

What I've learned through all my classmates' presentations was that most of our grandparents or grandparents' parents tend to give birth a lot. Before, knowing the fact that my grandma had 10 children was amazing. I mean, I don't know if amazing is the right word to describe it. But then listening to other people's family tree presentations, I figured it's so normal to the people in the olden days. I don't think people will have big families in the future because they are too into they're work and modern business stuff that they don't really care as much as the people before did about extending the generations. I've also learned that mostly everyone in the class who's Vietnamese celebrate the same holidays. I mean they do the same thing. And so do I. Because I'm half Vietnamese. And I celebrate the way they do as well.

I've noticed that the people in my class aren't what they seem. Sure, they go to the same school as I do. And yes, they're studying in Vietnam. But beneath what they wear and how they look, there are stories that are so unpredictable to the naked eye. People like me, and Darlene. If other people around us didn't hear our accents, probably they consider us fully Vietnamese because of the hint of Asian in our faces and the fact that we're brunettes. Jennifer Fuhr is another example, who would've known she was from Norway. She looks Vietnamese! As do all the students in the whole school, except for the ones who are blond and actually look Foreign. We're all people, living in the same country; but our backgrounds describes who we really are (:


-xoxo-

8 comments:

ViVi Hearts Nguyen said...

Great work ViVi! (:

Mary Tran said...

Wow Vivi! What you've learned is GREAT! :)
Because you're half American, so what you've learned is quite different from my perspective, but still really AWESOME ♥

Darlene_Music said...

grandparents sure do :)) haha. Wow, u put uh... a lot of thought into it huh? or not. but still YOU MENTIONED ME!!! x)

Jessica Tran said...

Well there's one more reason why our grandparents gave lots of birth, because at that time, our country is in war, so like if one of your children died, you'll have another, so they gave birth to alot of kids, and lots of them actually died in battles.
It's true that we're not the same as we looked.

Jennifer Fuhr said...

i really like your presentation.
I had learned a lot of stuff about you and your family.
i like your idea about the family tree ( the plant)
awwwww and thanx for mention-ing my name

ViVi Hearts Nguyen said...

thankyou my fellow classmates <3

cindy said...

I like you presentation it very creative ^^

Blake's Blog said...

Thank you Vivi, it seems like you learned a lot. I want you to remove the line in your post that is inappropriate. If you don't know which line I am talking about, please come and see me.

Post a Comment